Job title: Communications Coordinator (English/French)
Type: Contract, Remote, Flexible hours
Start Date: September 1, 2021
Hours of work: Approx. 50 hours/month, more as needed
The Canadian Cinema Editors (CCE) is a professional, educational and cultural association. Our mission is to:
- Support the pursuit of artistic and technological pre-eminence, and excellence in post production
- Promote the education of peers, producers and students in the art and science of editing
- Bring together editors who share a common desire to advance the dignity and prestige of the profession
- Showcase the achievements of our members to Canada and the world
- Achieve recognition for, and elevation of, editors as authoritative storytellers
We are a non-profit organization with the goal of bettering the art and science of picture editing in all media. We are proud to welcome people of all races, genders, class, sexuality, ages and abilities who share the desire to tell great stories. We strive to be more inclusive in all our activities, and build a more equitable ecosystem within our industry. Through a better understanding of each other, and teaching others in our industry, we hope to advance the profile of professional film editors.
The Canadian Cinema Editors is searching for a proactive, passionate and creative individual to join our team as a Communications Coordinator. This individual will have strong copywriting skills in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language, strong experience designing branded graphics, experience with Mailchimp, experience managing social media campaigns, and a general knowledge of the Canadian film and television industry. This position will execute the CCE’s communications strategy, including managing the organization’s social media channels, manage the monthly e-newsletter, and handle communications for the CCE’s events, podcasts, initiatives and activities.
This is a part-time, contract, remote-work position, with room for growth within the organization. Hours of work are flexible, but the Communications Coordinator will occasionally be required to attend CCE Board or Committee meetings, which take place in the evenings. The initial contract will be for a 6-month trial period.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS & WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
- Working with the Operations Manager, write, build, send and manage the CCE’s e-newsletter Main release once a month, smaller campaigns scattered throughout the year
- Working with the Communications Chair and Operations Manager, write blog articles/content for CCE website
- In conjunction with the CCE Board, the Operations Manager, and third-party developer, maintain the CCE website’s events using the Modern Event Calendar Plugin
- In conjunction with the CCE Board, provide press release support for events and initiatives
- Following the CCE’s communication strategy, build and execute communication campaigns to support various CCE events, podcasts, our members, sponsor relationships, programs and initiatives
- This includes: writing copy, designing graphics, working with Operations Manager to secure translation, scheduling posts, & monitoring engagement rate
- Oversee the CCE’s social media platforms and engage with our followers
- Work with communications committee to build and execute a pre-approved year long content calendar
- This includes: national awareness days, reporting on member nominees/winners of awards, and the art & science of picture editing
- Work with the Operations Manager to stay up-to-date with CCE member news to promote on CCE’s social platforms
- Using Buffer, Facebook, and other tools to collect, interpret, and report on the CCE’s social media statistics once monthly to Communications Chair
- Live social media support during CCE events and programs (on evenings and weekends as required)
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in English or French – with working knowledge of the other language
- Strong graphic design skills, with experience using Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to proactively manage timelines and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and assume responsibility with minimal supervision
- Effective collaborator within a remote team environment
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent
- A commitment to fostering equity, inclusion and diversity in Canada’s film industry
- Experience with WordPress, Elementor Pro, Yoast SEO and other plugins an asset (or willingness to learn)
- Knowledge of social media metrics (Buffer/Facebook analytics) an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian film and TV industry an asset
- Written and spoken bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and able to work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume with references, and three (3) writing and design samples to email@example.com by August 13, 2021 and indicate “CCE Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications without all required components will not be considered.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.