The Canadian Cinema Editors presents its 6th annual conference EDITCON 2023
Toronto, December 16, 2022 – The Canadian Cinema Editors (CCE) is pleased to present EDITCON 2023, the sixth annual conference on the art of picture editing, and will take place between February 24th to 26th, 2023. The conference will host virtual events as well as in person events in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
EDITCON 2023 is presented under the theme of Finding Meaning.
In uncertain times, we look to storytelling to find meaning in the madness. It’s no surprise then that the past few years have seen an explosion of film and television content. With all the differing voices and opinions competing for our attention, it can be challenging to sift through all the content out there and find something that is meaningful to you.
For EditCon 2023, we will speak with some of the most in-demand editors about work that has been meaningful to them. Whether it’s exploring memory by reconstructing a true story, delving into the themes that matter most to Canadians, or crafting thrilling sequences on the most-watched shows of 2022, this year’s guests have lent their talents to help tell the stories we find the most meaningful.
In addition to fascinating panels featuring both Canadian and International guests, there will be a series of virtual breakout rooms as well as some exciting programming for our in person events. We will also have some amazing products to raffle off!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Christopher Donaldson, CCE, ACE – CRIMES OF THE FUTURE
- Paula Fairfield – HOUSE OF THE DRAGON
- Siân Fever – HOUSE OF THE DRAGON
- Katie Halliday – STRANGER THINGS
- Craig Henighan – STRANGER THINGS
- Sophie Leblond – VIKING
- Pablo Álvarez Mesa – GEOGRAPHIES OF SOLITUDE
- Jacquelyn Mills – GEOGRAPHIES OF SOLITUDE
- Eamon O’Connor – BLACK ICE
- Jay Prychidny, CCE – SCREAM 6
- Milena Salazar – BACK HOME
- Anthony Shim – RICEBOY SLEEPS
- Simone Smith, CCE – I LIKE MOVIES
- Jenn Stromm – BACK HOME
Tickets will be available starting January 9th, 2023.